Make your wedding memorable
Create an affair to remember in a one-of-a-kind setting. From an intimate gathering to a grand celebration, we can make your big day truly special. Our outstanding catering service, customizable packages, unique add-ons and beautiful views will make for a magical day that you and your guests will never forget.
- Dramatic waterfront six-story atrium
- Unique indoor and outdoor spaces
- Spectacular views of downtown Cleveland and Lake Erie
- Ideal for receptions, wedding ceremonies and rehearsal dinners
- In-house catering with menus ranging from traditional to gourmet
Reception Space Rental
Our reception space package includes your choice of one of two reception spaces, an outdoor location for cocktails, table/chair rental and more. Want to combine spaces or rent the entire museum? No problem. We’re happy to work with you to create a custom package that meets your needs. Discounted pricing is available for weddings October – April.
Our reception space package includes:
- Choice between our lower level Promenade floor which boasts towering windows overlooking North Coast Harbor (up to 250 guests) or Level 2 which features a dining area, deck overlooking the harbor and access to our hands-on exhibits (up to 180 guests). Overflow space is available for larger groups.
- Use of adjoining harbor level patio or Level 2 deck for cocktail hour
- Table/chair rental – Includes white padded chairs with cushions for up to 150 guests plus tables for dining, food buffet, cocktail hour bar, hors d’oeuvres stations, cake and place cards
- 18 x 18 dance floor
- Sound system for announcements
- Set up, breakdown and cleanup
Reception With Wedding Ceremony
Planning to have your reception at Great Lakes Science Center? Why not get married here, too? Have your ceremony on one of our outdoor terraces or harbor level patio. Each offers stunning views of North Coast Harbor and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. If you prefer a more sweeping vista, our cityscape lawn affords beautiful views of the Cleveland skyline. We also offer unique settings inside the Science Center. Price includes space for a one-hour ceremony and one-hour rehearsal the day before your wedding.
Wedding Ceremony Only
If you’re having your reception elsewhere, but you’d like to get married at Great Lakes Science Center, you’re in luck. We offer a ceremony-only package. Contact the special events manager at 216-696-4941 for more information.
Catering is provided by our exclusive in-house caterer, ARAMARK. For more information, call 216-696-2748 or get details here.
Great Lakes Science Center has an attached 500-car parking garage which provides easy access to the Science Center through an enclosed connector. Self-parking and valet options are available. Please note that separate parking fees apply. However, if your facility rental package is $3,000 or more, guest parking is complimentary.
Want to add some flair to your special day? Treat your guests to an OMNIMAX movie or give them access to Science Center exhibits and galleries. Call our special events manager for details.
Call our special events manager at 216-696-4941 to schedule an appointment for a private tour to view our unique spaces.